Best Multitasker or Most Dangerous Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Know your limits. If you can't talk on the phone while doing other things then do not attempt to do so. You know your own limits, don't be foolish. This video is obviously fake but the point it makes it not; do not be foolish when you drive.

Most people cannot handle talking while driving, some can. No one can handle texting while driving as it takes your eyes completely off of the road.

duk3

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
I can text without looking, it's not that hard.
If you can type without looking, it's the same idea.
However, texting and driving can still be dangerous as you are only driving with one hand.

coggsman

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]It may be fake. Also this is not newsworthy.[/citation]
I agree! This website is only for serious technology news matter. There is no room for this ballyhoo, or anything regarding Apple products. This is strictly a PC Gaming, overclocker's website! Who do the owners of this site think they are, posting just any little video with an iPod and a Kindle in it?

Relax dude, it was fun.

shovenose

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
darn it toms! i love your site but its turning into an apple ad site..
before people start bashing my comment, keep in mind that i do have an iphone and agree that macs are useful for people who have no clue how to use a computer...

G

It does not bother me much. Some people can manage that for long drives on sparsely traveled highways.

What would really bother me is if he is setting his cruise control to 60mph in a 65 zone, where really he should be doing 75-80. Slow people suck.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]Know your limits. If you can't talk on the phone while doing other things then do not attempt to do so. You know your own limits, don't be foolish. This video is obviously fake but the point it makes it not; do not be foolish when you drive. Most people cannot handle talking while driving, some can. No one can handle texting while driving as it takes your eyes completely off of the road.[/citation]

you know i have to make a counter point here. if you are using a phone navigated by buttons only, no smart phone thing, you may be able to text.

i mean people can touch type, right. hell at one point i was talking to a friend behind me typing some long comment not related to what i was talking with them about, and when i looked back, i was amased at how well the paragraph turned out. sure there were spelling mistakes, but most of them were due to my generally crappy spelling, not i mistyped something.

now takeing that into consideration, getting to the person you want to text and making sure its them, takes all of what? the same amount of time with eyes off the road as seeing whos calling and if you are going to answer the phone? after that if you can touch text, it could possibly be safer than talking on the phone for some people.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
This is why we need self driving cars. When the driver of the car gets a sudden flash of intense stupidity, a smarter computer will keep the driver and those around him or her safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.