Pharaun159

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
Hears the thing. I use my tv as a monitor and i actually drive full native 4k. I normally use a 65in panel and couch game. However in the last 5 years ive gone through more tvs then ive owned the rest of my life prior. Keep having boards fry, and firmware problems from the smart features that i dont even use. The power flickered this evening and my sony bravia xbr65x810c just fried even though its on a monstor surge protector. Basically sits in an endless crash loop between the sony emblem and the android startup. I have an 8 year old panasonic plasma 42in 720 that still freaking works. Why cant i get a freaking new tech panel that freaking works? I just want a 4k panel that actually drives 60hz and is 55in or bigger. Any reccomendations

Solution
The problem is, there is no non-smart tv anymore. Some have Android (the worst among all TV OSs for now), some have other OSs (WebOS, Tizen, etc.).
New TVs in the last 3-5 years are made not to last long just the way smartphones are made.

Power flickering can not be solved or buffered or filtered by surge protector.
Surge protector is only for against overvoltage spikes.
If you have massive power instability, only a good UPS can solve that.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
The problem is, there is no non-smart tv anymore. Some have Android (the worst among all TV OSs for now), some have other OSs (WebOS, Tizen, etc.).
New TVs in the last 3-5 years are made not to last long just the way smartphones are made.

Power flickering can not be solved or buffered or filtered by surge protector.
Surge protector is only for against overvoltage spikes.
If you have massive power instability, only a good UPS can solve that.

Solution