Solved! Best option for headset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2020
I work from home and also game and use my computer for movies and videos and any other entertainment so I wear my headset 12+ hours a day. For work we are required to have a headset with clear noise canceling mic and a USB connection (I do have a Sennheiser GSX 1200 dac to convert 3.5mm to USB)

What I am looking for is a headset that has great mic quality and audio quality, my current one Sennheiser GSP 600 is decent but leave a little to be desired in both departments even using the DAC with it. My budget will be around 300 max. Thanks for your suggestions.

You probably have one of the best headsets already, don't think you can find a "better" overall set, there are not a lot in your price and quality range unless you just buy headphones and an external mic like a modmic or boompro https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YN26PB...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

As far as better audio quality, there are so many different headphones that "better" than what you have may just be different. Maybe the Massdrop Sennheiser 6xx if you can find one would be better and with the mic will be right at your price range. Really with an external mic you just need to find headphones you like without worrying that a product has both things.

Solution
Apr 1, 2020
Thanks for the reply, I have been doing some research and and came to the same conclusion of a separate mic and headphone. What do you think of this configuration?
DT 770 Pro 250 Ohm
FX Audio Dac-X6
Antlion modmic USB

Will the FX be able to drive the DT770? specs say it can handle up to 600 Ohm but I know thats not always the whole story and will the modmic have better quality than a regular headset mic i.e. fuller sound, not so thin and tin can like.

Yes it will do a 250 ohm headphone just fine. Keep in mind the DT 770 does not have a removable cord so you will need to either use a desk mic or use the clip-one mic to it, you can't use the boompro. How the other mics will sound, that depends on what you are comparing them to, they are good, can't say they are in the very top of mics, for that you would need like a $100+ desk mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.