Best overall laptop under $1500

Danthetechman

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Hey everyone,
I am currently looking into buying a new laptop for school in September.
I am willing to spend up to $1500 Canadian, but I would prefer staying under that.
I am looking for a laptop that is capable of video editing and mild Photoshop use.
I would also prefer if the laptop was capable of gaming, nothing too serious, just some light titles such as League of Legends, overwatch, and CS:GO.
The laptop needs to be portable because I will be carrying it around through the day, and preferably a battery life of at least 6 hours. It will be used as my main workstation so I need something that is comfortable to type on, and I would prefer a back lit keyboard.
Also, aesthetics is important to me, so it would be bonus if the laptop is visually appealing.

Thank you in advance!

Solution
It's very difficult for us to make those recommendations. We don't like to set people up for disaster or disappointment.

Go buy a $500 - $700 laptop, an A10 based system is fine for your needs. The performance will be great for the buck.

Spend the extra on backup solutions and bank the rest - the laptop will break, get stolen, or wear out. You'll need the extra for when that time comes.

greens

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
A gaming workstation laptop?..

Uhg, i'd highly reccomend a $800 desktop work station, a $200 NAS, and a $200 laptop. Everything will perform better, your life will be better, women will find you more attractive, everything.

Danthetechman

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion but I was looking for a single machine

greens

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
It's very difficult for us to make those recommendations. We don't like to set people up for disaster or disappointment.

Go buy a $500 - $700 laptop, an A10 based system is fine for your needs. The performance will be great for the buck.

Spend the extra on backup solutions and bank the rest - the laptop will break, get stolen, or wear out. You'll need the extra for when that time comes.

Solution