Question Best phone for using Google assistant by voice only

Feb 3, 2021
Hi

Looking for a phone for elderly parents so that they can make and receive calls via Google assistant . it needs to be a phone rather than a custom tablet targeted for the elderly.

So the phone we are looking for

• needs to be able to have Google Assistant able to make calls whilst locked. (or be able to be unlocked via simple voice command)
  • preferably have wireless charging - so that we have the option to hook up a speaker /microphone (eg Jabra) via the mini-USB port as an alternative to Bluetooth.

And thats it!. Its simply about making and receiving calls whilst the phone is locked. Nothing else - not worried about camera or storage etc. Appreciate that some of the google assistant settings manage whats possible when the phone is locked.

A related query is whether a speaker/microphone would work (via cable or bluetooth) whilst the phone was locked. Not sure about that.

Any suggestions re phone? Its doesnt have to be the cheapest - we just want whatever is required.. but assume it doesnt need to be the latest galaxy. :)

thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Android Smartphones 5
P Android Smartphones 1
PhilipMichaels Android Smartphones 0
J Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 1
B Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 1
T Android Smartphones 5
A Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 1
G Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 7
D Android Smartphones 3
K Android Smartphones 1
B Android Smartphones 1
J Android Smartphones 1
F Android Smartphones 1
T Android Smartphones 1
PhilipMichaels Android Smartphones 1
Similar threads
Solved! how to encrypt data storage in pixel 4a phone ?
Question Sending Google map to my Android phone.
Discussion Pixel 3a vs. iPhone XR: Which Budget Phone Wins?
Need to retrieve photos from old google account with an old phone number that i no longer have
dr sir my huawei phone is missing.plz i need help...i have IMEI number. but i don't have google account
Solved! How can i located my oppo A37 with google on other phone
Solved! How can i recover my google email address and my password that i reset my stylo 3 phone
Solved! Somebody took over my phone did a hard reset and I can't get back on Google to get my phone back on cuz they have their Gmail
Solved! My Facebook app has disappeared from the Google play store. The app icon is still on my phone and still accessible but it does
How do I retrieve missing photos from old phone android google
Samsung and Google Teaming Up on Foldable Phone
My old phone is broken will I be able to get my same google photos account on a brand new phone?
Google Pixel 3 Review: The Best Android Phone Is Quietly Brilliant
I lost my moto4 phone on sept 27 I couldn't get into my google rather. I just got into my google noe how can I find my lost mo
How do I keep the song order in my itunes playlist when transfered to my Huawei phone (Google Play Music or any music app)?
need help getting past google account phone was set up with
Can i unlock cricket phone thru my google accouny
How can I unlock my vodaphone mobile because I forgot my google account that were rigister by the phone
The phone was reset to continue I have to sign in using the previous Google account synced to the phone but I don't know it wh
$399 Moto X4 Phone Has Both Alexa, Google Assistant

ASK THE COMMUNITY