Best point an shoot for under $60?

wilson44512

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2005
im looking for a point an shoot camera for a small child. and want to start him off with a cheap camera to see how he would take care of it. any one have any ideas?

For that price? http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1101331-REG/fujifilm_quicksnap_waterproof_800_35mm.html

Lets be serious here, $60 is NOT a valid price point for cameras (you will only find cheap vivitars that will break in less than a month even if you use it). If you don't trust your kid enough to buy him a real camera, you shouldn't be buying any camera. If you manage to trust him enough to use a camera at some point, you can start him off with something like http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1109393-REG/panasonic_dmc_ts30_b_lumix_dmc_ts30_digital_camera.html

wilson44512

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2005
hes only a child come on. trust has nothing to do with it. every one starts some where. if i was looking at spending that kind of money i would just buy him a nikon or a canon. but hey thanks any way

From your reaction it's clear that you don't trust your child enough with a camera, and shouldn't buy him anything.

For the record, I was borrowing my parents camera from a young age, and never mistreated it. If your kid is mature enough to actually enjoy PHOTOGRAPHY (not just taking snapshots), he's probably mature enough to take care of a cheap camera like the rugged one I showed you.

wilson44512

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2005
for one hes 8 and how do i know if i can trust him with it if he has never had one? he takes care of his stuff pretty good. but that dont mean im going out there and buying him a $100 dollar camera. iwant to start small then if he can take care of it then i can get him something better.
so im not here to argue about trust. so thanks any way

1) Doesn't mean, not "don't mean"
2) $100 is the cheapest you can go for a point and shoot that won't break itself after 3 hours of regular use