Best protection software?

jeffreycao1998

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
I've built my new computer with a new hard drive so i've lost all my previous computer defences. So which ones should i download? Which are the best. I've heard good things from norton and avast.

CaptainTom

Honorable
May 3, 2012

iObit Malware Fighter, and iObit Uninstaller. You don't even need to have them on all the time. Most studies have shown that Anti-Virus programs do almost nothing to help protect your PC that default Windows 7 does. In fact Windows 8 is insanely safe...

getochkn

Splendid
You want a 100 different answers? Wait fora 100 different replies from 100 people say XXX is only one that didn't let a virus in, one time, at band camp,so it's the best. Subjective and all have there pro's/con's.

Google antivirus test or something like that. There is a company/website that tests all the software every few months and ranks them based on how they do against a wide range of malware/virus/spyware/etc and run the at the top. In 3 months when they test again, run that one at the top. lol.

CaptainTom

Honorable
May 3, 2012

iObit Malware Fighter, and iObit Uninstaller. You don't even need to have them on all the time. Most studies have shown that Anti-Virus programs do almost nothing to help protect your PC that default Windows 7 does. In fact Windows 8 is insanely safe...

aldan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
i use avast version 8 free,malwarebytes free,and superantispyware free.dont know about these studies that show antivirus programs dont protect your pc,but i wouldnt ever turn my av off.as was said,google is your friend here.

http://www.av-comparatives.org/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mighty Apps General Discussion 9
T Apps General Discussion 1
A Apps General Discussion 1
G Apps General Discussion 1
M Apps General Discussion 4
C Apps General Discussion 3
B Apps General Discussion 1
W Apps General Discussion 3
C Apps General Discussion 0
L Apps General Discussion 6