Best smartphone for around 250 usd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catastrophe666

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
HI, I have around $250 to spend and I need some suggestions on what to get.

My preference is that it be able to play some games and last at least two hours when im using it while not gaming (ie reading or watching videos).

I've been suggested the moto G and nexus 4, but I was wondering if there is something better for around $250. If not, which one do you guys think is better based on performance and battery life?

Edit: Also, unlocked preferably. Rather not do contracts.

smitbret

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
Of those 2, it's a wash. My Wife has a Nexus 4 and we got her Mom a Moto G for Xmas. Both are good phones but if battery life is gonna be an issue, my impression is that the Moto G is better. Hpwever, if you are wanting to drive games that are more than just simple puzzle games, then you should probably consider the Nexus 4 due to better internal specs. The Nexus 4 certainly feels more "premium" in general.

Suztera

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014
I would say Moto G 2014.
Sure the specs looks a bit weak for today but that is just numbers. It runs almost stock android so battery life isn't too much of an issue with the 5 inch screen. It also has a micro SD card which can be a bonus for storing music, videos or photos without having to worry about space if you don't plan to use data a lot for streaming.
Front facing speaker is an added bonus. Granted they are not as good as HTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.