Best smartphone for call quality

russnlp

Estimable
Jul 24, 2015
I'm fed up with paying top dollar for phones that have poor call sound quality.
My Sony Xperia has such poor sound that I have to ram it half way down my ear canal to hear anything. even at top volume it is intelligible when there is any background noise. I recently bought a Lumia which has marginally better sound but wont connect to mu bluetooth and has poor access to important apps like Shush and extra loud ringtones. So I've learned to hate windows phones
My cheap basic phone from 5 years ago has better sound and rarely drops out. But alas I need to txt, and cameras can be handy,
But what smart phone has decent call sound quality?
NB that's call sound, I never use my phone for music.

russnlp

Estimable
Jul 24, 2015

Thank you Reynod, It's not the reception, I'm with Optus and get good reception most places. Using the same sim card in the same location Lumia gets far better sound that the Sony Xperia. Even with perfect reception the call quality of the Experia is very poor and has further deteriorated in the year that I have used it.

The bluetooth crackling and drop out issues even occur when I have maximum signal strength. At first I thought it was the bluetooth device, but I have now used 4 different headsets with the same result.

Now after doing a factory reset the bluetooth doesn't work at all, and hours on the phone with the Sony techs have produced no result. with the value of the time I have wasted I could have bought a new phone. It's just that I love the big screen of the Xperia T2 Ultra, the voice recognition is fine, it has a good camera too and the battery life is good without it being to heavy. Shame that it is useless as a phone.