Best Smartphones on the Market Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Although carriers are making it easier to upgrade your smartphone, most of us are going to live with that next device for at least two years. So the phone you buy needs to deliver the right mix of speed, features, ease of use and battery life. And while

Best Smartphones on the Market Now : Read more

DarkSable

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
So he took the phone industries' flagship devices and gave them each an award. Woo hoo, what news. Also? This line is so ridiculous it's not even funny: "The Galaxy Note 3 is so powerful and long-lasting you may not need a tablet."

I don't get why anyone "needs" a tablet in the first place, and it's no more powerful than the nexus 5. Also, just throwing out there, why is there no best value award going to the Moto G?

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I'm a bit disappointed that only the iPhone 5s came out with a 64-bit SoC, although I read somewhere one will be included in the Galaxy Note 4. If that's the case, I'll make the switch, then. My Droid RAZR MAXX is slow, but still functional and has great battery life. However,a Phablet would be nice.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

Samsung is said to be working on a 64Bit Exynos. It will probably be in the S5 and Note 4.

I also have a Razr Maxx HD for work and a S4 for personal, and if I can I use my S4. The Maxx is just too slow and the interface is not as nice, which is funny as people tend to complaining about the S4 interface I find it easier to use.

I am waiting for the Intel SoCs. They already have 64Bit Atom but what will really matter way more than 64Bit is the addition of OoOE. OoOE will give much better performance than 64Bit will.

I think ARM may have a bit harder time as that adds power draw to a chip but Intel has been working with it for 20 years so I think they might have an advantage with it.

Mike Friesen

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
The Note 3 has a better camera than the iphone 5s, and where is the Sony Z1? Best camera on a premium phone, and tied for the fastest chip, etc.

M

M.Spoonauer

Thanks for your comments. We did want to be selective for this list, which is why the LG G2 didn't quite make the cut. Very fast and long battery life, but rear key design too polarizing.

As for the Note 3 vs Nexus 5, the former is a better tablet replacement because of its larger display and because of its better multitasking capabilities through features like Multi Window.

M

M.Spoonauer

Also the Z1's limited availability and relatively cloudy screen kept it off this list.

3ogdy

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
JOSHSKORN
Why on Earth would you ever need 64-bit capabilities on a phone?
There are even people who use x86 on their desktops and laptops.
Having 64-bit support on a phone is ridiculous. What? You wanna use AE on your SGS5?
This is nothing but crap - there is so much more they could improve that "switching" to x64 is just something to add on a list of "new features" because they are running out of ideas.

HELLO9

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
SO FUNNY....You all are arguing about phone capabilities when you should be YELLING ABOUT THE N.S.A. SPYING ON YOU VIA YOUR PHONES & CARRIERS!!

AmaMizuki

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
why isn't the best value award*
I think for value - the Moto G beats the Moto X:http://versus.com/en/motorola-moto-g-vs-motorola-moto-xThe quality is perfect for the price!! But their isnt any brand duplication in the list?

shveta131

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
Thanks for sharing your info on <a href="http://iwalkusa.com">SmartPhones</a>. I truly appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thank you once again.

shveta131

Estimable
Apr 29, 2014
Thanks for sharing your info on <a href="http://iwalkusa.com">SmartPhones</a>. I truly appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further write ups thank you once again.

MartinCook

Estimable
Jun 24, 2014
thanks for sharing. i think we shouldn't rush to the stores and spend all of our money on the brand new and "hot" devices. i'm satisfied with the galaxy advance i that i have, and it didn't cost a lot at all. i advice you all to wait until prices go down and only then consider buying these devices, there will always be something better, and every device gets old withing a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.