Best surround sound solution for a TV with no optical out

Darian_2

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
I have a 48inch LCD samsung TV. It has no optical output. What is the best option to connect a surround sound system so that I can get surround sound on Netflix,etc?

what are you playing on the tv which has native surround support? most streaming content and tv is stereo.

as mentioned above, if you do not have optical then you would need hdmi arc. if you do not have hdmi arc then you would need to rely on devices other than the tv sending audio to a home theater system for when surround is needed..

what are you playing on the tv which has native surround support? most streaming content and tv is stereo.

as mentioned above, if you do not have optical then you would need hdmi arc. if you do not have hdmi arc then you would need to rely on devices other than the tv sending audio to a home theater system for when surround is needed..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Audio 1
Defyant51 Audio 1
K Audio 3
Y Audio 2
T Audio 3
RJGrayLight Audio 1
DakiMC Audio 1
T Audio 1
D Audio 0
B Audio 2
B Audio 1
Parsa_kh Audio 3
N Audio 6
A Audio 1
C Audio 0
C Audio 2
C Audio 3
sirphi Audio 10
Richoe Downs Audio 1
N Audio 2
Similar threads
Question Does anyone have any suggestions on a good audio converters that r reasonably priced/any tips on how I should set up my home theatre?
Question What would be better for Laptop gaming? Stereo or Surround Sound 7.1?
Question How to connect blue ray surround sound to tv
Question Logitech z607 5.1 surround sound has weak bass
Question Klipsch Black Reference Theater Pack 5.1 Surround Sound System
Question Bass Sensitive Gaming Speaker Suggestions
Question 5.1 surround plays sound on all speakers instead of separately
Question We have an old 5.1 Surround Sound DVD Player with speaker wire connections which has died.
Question Movie surround sound on Yamaha RX-V685 - Can I separate voice from background music or sound?
Question How to get 5.1 Surround Sound from my HP Omen 875 PC to Receiver or Bose System from 1 3.5 Audio Out
Question No 5.1 surround sound on the Logitech Z-906 when Dolby Digital is enabled
Solved! connecting 2.1 desktop speakers as rear (surround) speaker to pc
Solved! New Laptop, Old AVR, need 5.1 surround sound
Solved! How to connect a Rockville EQ to a Yamaha RX-V567 Natural Sound AV Receiver/Amp with Polk Audio Surround speakers
Question Surround sound Visio TV to kenwood KR-v6070
Solved! 5.1 Surround Sound no audio playing on PC
Solved! 5.1 Surround Sound for my onboard 8-channel audio
Solved! How to use TV speakers as main and ceiling speakers for surround sound
Solved! Need help figuring out a surround sound solution.
Amazon fire connected to projector, need solution to surround sound on yamaha receiver

ASK THE COMMUNITY