Best thermal paste for laptop?

Blitz Blitz

Estimable
May 18, 2015
Hi, I have dell vostro 3750. I changed thermal paste few times, but I think is still hot. Also my hdd is died few weeks ago. So I wanna ask, can bad hdd rise cpu and gpu temps? I use arctic silver 5, somewhere heard, that is good choice, but I don't know that is good for copper - aluminum cooler frame? Also how much paste I should apply on cpu and gpu cores? One say that enogh rice dot, other apply much more on and around it?

Solution
No. HDDs don't get that hot. If the HDD is close to your cooling system, your CPU might see a 2-4C offset in temperatures, but that's it.

If your CPU is a green color with a black rectangle in the middle, you'll need to put enough on to cover the entire black part. Unfortunately I've never done that before so I'm not sure how much thermal paste to apply.

Thermal paste doesn't hurt copper, if it did about 40% of all PCs would be in big trouble today.

Remember, laptops are designed to be HOT. So if your CPU is in the mid 80C range, that's perfectly normal. It's just a consequence for portability.
No. HDDs don't get that hot. If the HDD is close to your cooling system, your CPU might see a 2-4C offset in temperatures, but that's it.

If your CPU is a green color with a black rectangle in the middle, you'll need to put enough on to cover the entire black part. Unfortunately I've never done that before so I'm not sure how much thermal paste to apply.

Thermal paste doesn't hurt copper, if it did about 40% of all PCs would be in big trouble today.

Remember, laptops are designed to be HOT. So if your CPU is in the mid 80C range, that's perfectly normal. It's just a consequence for portability.

Solution

Blitz Blitz

Estimable
May 18, 2015
I'm bit worried that arctic silver 5 comes without package! And it can be used, or replaced in tube! Now I'm order another recommended paste mx-4, so I gonna replace it and compare temps difference...

Also, thanks, you calm me down, my temps on load/gaming around 70-80 degrees :) Sorry for english...