Best Ultrabook for 2018-2019 under 1200$

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgiovannangeli

Estimable
Oct 25, 2018
Hello guys

I want to buy a new laptop to replace my 600$ asus zen book (mid range one)

I would like to know which one are the between :

Huawei Mate Book Pro X
Surface Book Pro 2
Surface Laptop 2
Dell XPS 13 ?

I Need a thin one , a huge battery life and the best value for the price
if possible under 1000$ but if it's more it doesn't matter as long as the quality is good

I saw the laptop 2 which is very amazing , but I saw there isn't ubc type c on it, is that a really problem in 2018 for computer ports ?

I use a lot of web browser (google sheets etc.)
word, excel and powerpoint

No gaming or video editing , just productivity stuff

I only want windows os

Thanks so much :)

Solution
I personally like the Dell XPS 13 of the 4 listed laptops. Huawei is a rather new entrant in the US market so I don't know how good customer support is and if it would be necessary to ship the laptop to China for warranty service if necessary.

I am not that big on convertible laptops so the Surfaces do not ignite much interest for me. Though I would have to say I would not mind having a 7" or 8" Windows tablet for occasional usage. But that more or less died when Intel decided to cut their loss in the Atom CPU series when they attempted to carve out a niche for themselves in the tablet market by selling those Atom CPUs at a loss. I think over the years Intel lost around $5 or $6 billion while attempting to gain traction in the tablet...
I personally like the Dell XPS 13 of the 4 listed laptops. Huawei is a rather new entrant in the US market so I don't know how good customer support is and if it would be necessary to ship the laptop to China for warranty service if necessary.

I am not that big on convertible laptops so the Surfaces do not ignite much interest for me. Though I would have to say I would not mind having a 7" or 8" Windows tablet for occasional usage. But that more or less died when Intel decided to cut their loss in the Atom CPU series when they attempted to carve out a niche for themselves in the tablet market by selling those Atom CPUs at a loss. I think over the years Intel lost around $5 or $6 billion while attempting to gain traction in the tablet market. Investors were not pleased.

Solution

tgiovannangeli

Estimable
Oct 25, 2018

Also looked at the Yoga920 which could be a great fit for my usage what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.