Best USB microphone under $50 for group recording?

Cosmopath

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014
The three mics I've been looking at are the Blue Snowball iCE, CAD U37, and the Samson Meteorite (NOT the Meteor). I've heard the Snowball wasn't good for group recording, so I'm unsure of which one to go with. This is for a group gaming channel.

I'm from Canada, so if you find any microphones be sure it's from Canadian sites, or from Amazon.com with global shipping available. Max budget with shipping and taxes would probably be $70 CDN.

Thanks!

Solution
I have used a few different microphones, and for groups the Snowflake is the best low cost one available. The Snowball iCE is a bit better for a single user, but it is not as conveniently portable. The best professional grade microphone (in my opinion) is the Yeti.

The Snowflake is directional, so users have to be within a 45 degree offset for it to work - similar to the Snowball iCE. The Snowflake does seem to have a wider angle (maybe due to the case design).

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowflake-USB-Microphone/dp/B0012AUHXW/

Good luck!

wildfire707

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
I have used a few different microphones, and for groups the Snowflake is the best low cost one available. The Snowball iCE is a bit better for a single user, but it is not as conveniently portable. The best professional grade microphone (in my opinion) is the Yeti.

The Snowflake is directional, so users have to be within a 45 degree offset for it to work - similar to the Snowball iCE. The Snowflake does seem to have a wider angle (maybe due to the case design).

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowflake-USB-Microphone/dp/B0012AUHXW/

Good luck!

Solution

Cosmopath

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014

There will be four people in the group. They won't be sitting on one couch together, so I guess it wouldn't work. Thanks for your input!

Cosmopath

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014

I'll definitely consider that. Looks like it has some pretty good ratings. Thanks for the suggestion!