Best Video Games of the Year at the VGA 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Best Multiplayer Game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 ??????
I have it AND IT A BAD MULTIPLAYER GAME.
Just players rushing with akimbo shotguns...
It just looks like the first quake multiplayers to me: just running arround and firing first or with the most effective gun.

Were is the strategy ?
Were is the cooperation between players ?
Were is the balancing of teams ? I've played hundreds of games and 90% were clearly unbalanced. Worse, when you start at level 1, you play against level 50 to 70 most of the time. I would have like to wait 2 minutes before playing but playing with newcomers at the beginning...

L4D(2) is much better here: you can't do anything alone... And having played 100h doesn't give you better weapons...

G

Best Multiplayer Game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 ??????
I have it AND IT A BAD MULTIPLAYER GAME.
Just players rushing with akimbo shotguns...
It just looks like the first quake multiplayers to me: just running arround and firing first or with the most effective gun.

Were is the strategy ?
Were is the cooperation between players ?
Were is the balancing of teams ? I've played hundreds of games and 90% were clearly unbalanced. Worse, when you start at level 1, you play against level 50 to 70 most of the time. I would have like to wait 2 minutes before playing but playing with newcomers at the beginning...

L4D(2) is much better here: you can't do anything alone... And having played 100h doesn't give you better weapons...

G

I haven't seen Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, but I really doubt it has better graphics than some of the PC games.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
[citation][nom]leafblower29[/nom]• Best Multiplayer Game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2ummmmmmm..... what?[/citation]

Uhm xbox 360?

and hell yea Dragon age was...is the best PC game out right now.

G

What the hell? Rocksteady was studio of the year but Arkham Asylum didn't even get best game? Not even on 360?

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]leafblower29[/nom]• Best Multiplayer Game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2ummmmmmm..... what?[/citation]
+1
■ Best Multiplayer Game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
■ Best Shooter: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
FUK IW and Cod:MW2. It's an over rated POS.
Quake, CoD(Oroginal & Cod4), HL2, Crysys, Farcry. THOSE are the good games.

They should have an awards ceremony for "PC Games of the Year".

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
I know L4D2 is an awsome game, but... It doesn't have "story mode", so... What was the ruling in that one? o_O

I would've put MW2 in there instead of L4D2, just because of the story and solo play value. But that's me, lol.

"So so" chart IMHO.

Cheers!

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
MW2 was definately the best shooter, but not the best multiplayer.

CoD multiplayer in a nutshell:
Can you aim... at all?
Did you see the other guy first?
If yes to both, you win!

The only strategy is getting to a decent vantage point - which just barely counts as strategy.

G

do these people actually play these games before awarding them? dragon age is OK i suppose. MWF2 with no dedicated servers? good single player but where is the multi? this is a shooter where multiplayer is the make or break for replay value.

can we actually have awards for games that are good and not just those that are released within the past 4 weeks.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I don't really understand the whole thought process for giving L4D such good reviews/awards.

One of the criticisms of Borderlands (which held some of its reviews back) was that the story was not very engaging. I see borderlands held back into the 8's range and yet somehow L4D and L4D2 both broke well into the 9's.

Sure I agree that L4D has a great coop experience, but so does Borderlands, and with Borderlands you get something a big more innovative, something better looking, and something with a lot more replay value (via rpg elements) IMO.

I WILL say that I really don't like how in Borderlands you can't have split screen coop. I like to play with my brothers via Live, but I can only play with one because of this issue. I just don't understand why they made it like this when there are plenty of other games, such us L4D and Halo 3, that do offer this kind of multiplayer experience.

Anyways that's my bit. I'm waiting for next year when more good games will be coming out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.