Best video streaming/capturing software/settings.

axehead15

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
Hey all, I've been trying to break into the streaming/capturing scene. I have been trying it on Twitch.tv with Open Broadcaster Software. I record while I stream, which is pretty nifty, so when I am done I watch the recording and notice that it stutters and lags.

I know my computer and internet is not holding it back, so it must be my settings or the program itself.

I have Time Warner internet (Extreme). 30 down and 5 up. My computer specs are in my signature.

I don't drop frames in the game (Planetside 2), but when I watch the replay it seems that whenever I do something mildly intensive, it locks up for a few seconds and the sound keeps going.

Are there any other good free programs to use? Or am I just doing it wrong? Does anyone else here use Open Broadcaster Software?

axehead15

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
Thanks! I figured it out, but forgot to update here. My FPS setting was at 60, and needed to be lowered to 30. I have been streaming successfully now, and even have a video on youtube (first foray into video editing).

axehead15

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
SO an update...

That fixed the problem for like a week. Now it is back to stuttering on the stream and recordings again.

I have come to the conclusion that one can not stream/record/game at the same time on a computer with my specs. (Specs are in my signature).

Can I get anyone to confirm this?

Also, if I get the Avermedia Live Gamer HD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100100 will this allow me to stream/record on my PC? It appears as if it does the video encoding on the card itself, therefore freeing up the processor.

Anyone have any ideas?