Best way to have wireless audio from a PC and video from Monitor

jguff330

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2014
I am getting a video card that has an HDMI slot that I want to connect to my TV as a 3rd monitor to watch movies. I want to get wireless speakers for the TV for when watching regular cable and for when it's being a 3rd computer monitor. I see some wireless/bluetooth av receivers on amazon for like 2-300 bucks. Will something like that transmit the audio/video the way I described? I'm not trying to spend a ton of money doing this.

2ibi98i.png

And is it possible to add more speakers in different rooms that would play the same audio wirelessly?

Solution
Before you go too far, make sure your video card can run 3 monitors.

You can use the digital out on the TV to connect to the reciever with the wireless speakers. Those won't work in other rooms though, they are pretty short range and are probably line of sight use only.

If you have the money, Sonos is a good company to check out for a multi room setup without line of sight. http://www.sonos.com/?r=1
Far as I understand it, IF your getting a specific set of speakers that are wireless for the TV (remove everything about the receiver, tower and other monitors, just stick to the basics here) and they work with the TV (doesn't matter 'signal source') on the TV's OUTPUT (you NEEED to check the connections on your TV to see if it has a AUDIO out.. MANY TVs, especially cheaper ones have NO OUTPUT connections at all, only INPUT) then it doesn't matter if you hook up the PC, Receiver, BluRay, your iPhone, whatever, the TV will 'broadcast' that signal to the wireless units.

As for the second part, you would have to check with the manufacturer on DISTANCE for THAT model speakers from the BASE station. I suspect you would have TV OUTPUT >>>> sometypeofcable >>>> Base station ((((wireless signal *See BELOW* )))) Speaker 1, speaker 2, etc.

Now I WOULD warn you to make sure you check HOW it is making it wireless? Is it using 802.11G? Is it using BLUETOOTH? HOW is it wireless? You could impact other things (Tower getting Internet, other devices affected, etc.).

jguff330

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2014

The audio outs it has are

Analog Audio Out1 (bottom)
And
Digital Audio Out (SPDIF)1 (bottom)

Never heard of spdif before. Would that be a sufficient output?

Dunno did you check out the wireless system you intend to get for your TV. Normally you want to stick with the same maker as well as seeing if it is a nice add on option for that model TV normally adverted for. SPDIF is a DIGITAL Optical connection, FYI, should try WIKIPEDIA if you have a question on what a connection type is. But still comes down to what the Wireless speaker system you intend to buy REQUIRED as a input.

Before you go too far, make sure your video card can run 3 monitors.

You can use the digital out on the TV to connect to the reciever with the wireless speakers. Those won't work in other rooms though, they are pretty short range and are probably line of sight use only.

If you have the money, Sonos is a good company to check out for a multi room setup without line of sight. http://www.sonos.com/?r=1

Solution