Best way to switch between audio sources

Majestic5

Estimable
Oct 28, 2014
I have one headset that has both audio and a built in mic (2 separate inputs) along with a Speaker system that only has 1 audio jack for both speakers combined. I want to have them both plugged in but I want to switch between them on command with no hassle. I would also like to control the independent volumes from the switcher if possible. Is there a way I could pull this off for under $100 (USD)?

EDIT: The headset can use surround sound if plugged in via USB cable. The device would need a usb input if that's even a thing.

Solution
there is a way, i found it through research, it was using a shortcut but i cannot remember where i found it.
another way (just a bit less work) is to create a shortcut of the "sound" in the control panel.

with the command, i found that it does not work sometimes esp if the device is being used already (like if the game is already running). the one from the control panel works better.

my setup, sound card (speakers), then a usb wireless headset

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
there is a way, i found it through research, it was using a shortcut but i cannot remember where i found it.
another way (just a bit less work) is to create a shortcut of the "sound" in the control panel.

with the command, i found that it does not work sometimes esp if the device is being used already (like if the game is already running). the one from the control panel works better.

my setup, sound card (speakers), then a usb wireless headset

Solution