Better sound quality than Sennheiser 363d

Jackal87

Estimable
Jul 25, 2014
I'm no sound expert but love gaming with good sound quality! Gaming with headphones I can pick up little details I can't when gaming with speakers and that makes it so much better! Problem is I don't exactly have good quality headphones, I have the Turtle Beach PX21...which still sound better than speakers lol I was going through forums and people seem to love the Sennheiser 363d but the more comments I find from Audiophiles the more I realize I can get better sound for less or equal price! I don't really game online and when I do I don't talk to people, so a mic is not a necessity for me! So my question is, how can I get better sound quality in gaming without going over $450! I'm open to any suggestions to include DACs, sound cards, etc!

kezzo

Honorable
Nov 17, 2013
what is your budget?

if its less than $450, take a look to astro a40

or i recommend creative sb recon 3d usb soundcard with asus r.o.g orion stereo headset, two of them costs near 200$ and sounds decent.

ferwindjacks

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
I've got a Sennheiser PC360 and an Asus Xonar DGX sound card. Got the headset for about 170 on Amazon. Great sound and quality for the price, plus a 2 year warranty. Buddy of mine got 363ds for 200 at Best Buy, they're the same thing but different design and has a USB dolby surround sound.

If you can find either pair for 200 or less, go for it. However, I can recommend picking up Sennheiser HD558 (got a pair of those too), a quality sound card (Xonar is pretty nice and cheap too), and an external microphone if you don't want a gaming headset. You can also buy clip on mics if you feel so inclined.

Alternatively, Astro just came out with a refreshed set of their Axx series. If I ever wanted a different pair of headphones, it would either be Astro A40s or the Audio Technica BPHS1.