Beyer Dynamic DT770 PRO 80 omhz / Logitech G930

noelbuker

Estimable
May 18, 2014
Hello guys, im a gamer so i want to buy a headset, i want to hear THE enemy's walk behind me like in COD ghost!

The G930 is 7.1 so thats possible, but is it also possible with The DT 770, because it has better audio, iTS more comfortable etc ?

Thanks!

Solution
Right, It's surround sound, but it's not actually 7.1 audio. It's an imitation of it.

Basically go with the DT 770s. They should have much better sound quality, and there should be some options in windows to enable surround sound on them if you choose to do so. Even if you don't enable any enhancements they should still be able to produce sound accurately and you can't go wrong with them.

In short you will be able to hear footsteps behind you without a problem on the DT 770s, but the 770s will also make for a great pair of headphones to listen to music too as well.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
Go for the DT 770 Pros. The G930s 7.1 surround sound isn't actually 7.1 since it only has two speakers. Dolby tries to emulate 7.1 surround sound using it's own software. I've heard it's not that great. You're much better off getting a good set of headphones such as the DT 770 Pros. It will definitely have better audio and it should be more comfortable.

You should go with the 32 Ohm version since it would be easier to drive straight out of your pc if you don't plan on buying an amp for your headphones.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
Right, It's surround sound, but it's not actually 7.1 audio. It's an imitation of it.

Basically go with the DT 770s. They should have much better sound quality, and there should be some options in windows to enable surround sound on them if you choose to do so. Even if you don't enable any enhancements they should still be able to produce sound accurately and you can't go wrong with them.

In short you will be able to hear footsteps behind you without a problem on the DT 770s, but the 770s will also make for a great pair of headphones to listen to music too as well.

Solution