Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro headphones with a PS4-Elgato HD60 setup

May 2, 2018
I'm looking at upgrading my audio buds to some Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro headphones, primarily for gaming and integrating into my live stream setup.

This is what my setup looks like right now, where I run all audio to my current earphones via the 3.5mm jack on the monitor. In this case I've slotted the DT990's into the headphone section.

CLICK FOR IMAGE

I know these headphones require an amp for them to work best. Can I get an amp without having to get a DAC included? Am I better off buying an amp/dac combo?

Can I insert an amp between my monitor and new headphones and benefit from the audio experience the headphones should offer? Or do I lose quality immediately at the point the PS4 audio is sent via HDMI to the monitor?

May 2, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from mperrydigital : "Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro headphones with a PS4-Elgato HD60 setup"

I'm looking at upgrading my audio buds to some Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro headphones, primarily for gaming and integrating into my live stream setup.

This is what my setup looks like right now, where I run all audio to my current earphones via the 3.5mm jack on the monitor. In this case I've slotted the DT990's into the headphone section.

CLICK FOR IMAGE

I know these headphones require an amp for them to work best. Can I get an amp without having to get a DAC included? Am I better off buying an amp/dac combo?

Can I insert an amp between my monitor and new headphones and benefit from the audio experience the headphones should offer? Or do I lose quality immediately at the point the PS4 audio is sent via HDMI to the monitor?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Audio 1
C Audio 1
C Audio 8
M Audio 7
D Audio 2
T Audio 1
F Audio 5
I Audio 5
O Audio 3
Dylan1999 Audio 1
B Audio 3