Bill Gates on the iPad: It's Okay But Good Looking

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Hatecrime69[/nom]oh no! Gates didn't attack an apple product, the seed has been planted!![/citation]Wow! Imagine that! Someone being nice! Never been heard of before! [citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]I'll give Steve that....the iPad looks good. Too bad it doesn't do anything.[/citation]Your kidding, right?

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Good God! Someone stated their opinion on an Apple product without obscenities, or incessant bashing!

Thank you Bill for being civilized and above many of your other Window's enthusiasts.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]micky_lund[/nom]it doesn't do anything more than an iPhone, and does less. y would u buy it?[/citation]

Because this honestly isn't true. It's not a "wonderful", or "end all be all" device, but it DOES do more than an iPhone or Touch. These are merely ignorant assumptions made by most THG users who most likely have not taken a serious look at the iPad who simply regurgitate myths.

Rich_H

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
I travel 200K miles a year and for me this device is incredible. A single charge lasts a flight to Asia. I can do my email, read books, watch videos, and most importantly - use it in a coach seat that my laptop doesn't fit in. It will not replace my laptop, but will definitely complement it.

This is the best portable device for consuming content of all types that I've ever used.

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
[citation][nom]Rich_H[/nom]I travel 200K miles a year and for me this device is incredible. A single charge lasts a flight to Asia. I can do my email, read books, watch videos, and most importantly - use it in a coach seat that my laptop doesn't fit in. It will not replace my laptop, but will definitely complement it.This is the best portable device for consuming content of all types that I've ever used.[/citation]

I've flown overseas before, took about 15 hours from Vancouver to Hong Kong. I'd like to see the iPad last 2/3 of that flight.

ps12

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Gates says something nice about Jobs and Apple.

In response, Jobs disses Microsoft and states Apple is the future.

cashews

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
[citation][nom]ps12[/nom]Gates says something nice about Jobs and Apple.In response, Jobs disses Microsoft and states Apple is the future.[/citation]

Or:

Gates says something nice about Jobs and Aplle. In response, Apple launches a lawsuit against Microsoft and Gates.

qwoz

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
Gates is just a classy dude. I can't remember hearing him ever bashing any competitor, unlike jobs. Proud to be a PC.

fjjb

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
now Microsoft releases a tablet and Steve would be like: "This sucks really bad and the design is horrible" sometimes i think he is a bit selfish

soundefx

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
As a face of a company, he can't bash the product. But isn't it true that Gates banned his family from having anything apple?

jmchien

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
[citation][nom]compfreak93[/nom]could you please explain what the ipad does more than the iphone and the itouch other than read books?[/citation]
i don't have an iPad but i believe it can do Pages, Numbers, and Keynote... and annotate pdfs...

G

the ipad is bandwidth hungry. matter of fact, it was almost banned in major universities.

Status
Not open for further replies.