Bill Gates Praises Steve Jobs: Jobs Saved Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Whats shocking? I think it rather nice to see someone who can respect the work ethic of the competition.I don't think gates is that self absorbed to recognize others achievements.

illegalnaut

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
this is how things really work, its nice to see it out in public occassionally. the same thing happens with defense attourneys and da's, they may fight tooth and nail in the courtroom, but they are really long time friends who go out for a drink when its all said and done.

greenbuck

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
That makes Bill a good man for giving a deserve praise, even to a competitor. I bet Steve can't say anything like that to Bill. He's ego can't say it.

nicklasd87

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Yeah, this is a good article, I am happy to see events like these occur. Anything ethical in big business gives me warm and fuzzy.

backin5

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
How would Bill know? He doesn't allow any apple products in his home.

:)

On that note, I wonder if he doesn't allow the actual fruit in his home too...

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
[citation][nom]oddly[/nom]Whats shocking? I think it rather nice to see someone who can respect the work ethic of the competition.I don't think gates is that self absorbed to recognize others achievements.[/citation]

It's shocking because we rarely see it at that level in the industry. At that point, it becomes the corporations squabbling over this and that.

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
Great for Bill Gates! It shows a great lesson to all those very short minded who defend any position like a religion extremist. For the n time I use Macs and PCs and I like them all. Let the big companies fight for the market not us. I would like to have more options and not less.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]frozenlead[/nom]I wonder what the Intel CEO would say about AMD's CEO...[/citation]Which one? AMD has had like 50 since the stocks took a 85% dive in 2006 to present.

Apple has only made Microsoft products better. Microsoft, Dell, Archos, Nokia, Sansa, etc. have only made Apple products better. That's the way competition rolls.

trevorvdw

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
See if he was a total bastard he could have added "Of course, were it not for Microsoft investing $150 million in Apple in 1997, right before Steve came back they probably would have gone out of business, so in many way Microsoft saved Apple not Steve."

matt2k

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
well they were friends, might still be. doesnt matter the role they play.
both are good in their own right, achievements all round (but not for the banned xbox owners :( )

The Dark Wall

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
Always thought of him as more than a hero, despite all the hate people have for him.

He's given more to charity than most of us have earned...

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
I don't know about you guys, but I'm liking Bill Gates and Microsoft more and more (even though Bill Gates isn't CEO anymore).

First the Zune HD and all the free goodies and customization, then Windows 7, then this.

Really, Microsoft is not a bad corporation by any means for its massive size. I'm still impressed, and think it deserves to stay at the top.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
He's just happy he didn't lose a ton of money... if Apple went under MS would be out a ton of money :) (While what I said is true its just a joke)

Microsoft is back on track to help standardize the industry!
Just in case people think this is a bad thing I remember a time when there was no such thing as a standard and things did sucketh.....

sailfish

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2007
"But he, of all the leaders in the industry that I've worked with, he showed more inspiration and he saved the company."

Of course, my handout of $150M to Steve at the time for an IE port to stave off the anti-trust lawyers was likewise inspirational.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Bill is basically the man. Steve has done some great things with Apple but Bill is the original pioneer with Microsoft and I think since he's stepped down that he is able to hand out praise where its due.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
I don't know whether to feel happy or depressed...

Happy that there's at least some respect in big business?

Or depressed because of the fact it's no longer (or maybe never was) something commonplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS