Bing Patent May Not Only Predict Results, but Also Queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Microsoft has figured out all of our p0rn searches for the indefinite future? Get the popcor... I mean vaseline and lean back.

scythe944

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Microsoft has found a way to predict future search queries from user log data

What possible good could come from this other than MS making a crap ton of money off of user's "use logs"?

People thought google was evil...

Yes, I still run Win 7 as my main OS, with virtuals of several other 'nix OSes, just doesn't make me feel too comfortable about MS's future products!

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
[citation][nom]scythe944[/nom]What possible good could come from this other than MS making a crap ton of money off of user's "use logs"?People thought google was evil...Yes, I still run Win 7 as my main OS, with virtuals of several other 'nix OSes, just doesn't make me feel too comfortable about MS's future products![/citation]

Google still is evil as the article is clearly pointing out that Microsoft is merely playing catch-up to Google. Only difference is Microsoft never ran with the slogan, "Don't be Evil" and everyone already knows Microsoft has been slightly evil since a long time ago. Good ole Bill was renown for his market brutality against friends, enemies, and competitors.

Simply reverse engineering what makes Google tick is a step up from their supposed search-copying that Google was claiming awhile back.

mariusmotea

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
Let's remember, Bing steal seach results from Google with they toolbar and IE, so in the best case Bing will be a copy of Google.

byous88

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Google was claiming awhile back.
g.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.