Question BIOS Loop on my ASUS ROG G551J

May 27, 2019
A brief intro on what happened. Was playing some games using Android Emulator, and browsing Chrome at the same time when my laptop started to lag. It only took seconds and then after that it shut off automatically. I little bit of history of my laptop, it's a 5 year old Notebook and had a history in the repair shop for NO POWER issue. Got fixed and used it again. But not so heavy usage as I used to (used it on editing videos and graphics before). So now, I just use for games and normal browsing.

Now comes the issue. After the sudden shut down of my laptop, it was't powering again! So I thought it went back to the same issue it had before. So I tried taking out the battery and ram as my first trouble shoot didn't work. I rested my laptop for a few minutes and turned it on again, boom it powered! But now comes my new issue, infinite BIOS Loop.

Here's the following troubleshoot I tried so far after reading some threads here:

1. Taking out the battery and using direct power source from charger. RESULT: BACK TO BIOS

1.1 Holding the power button for 1min and plugging it in again. RESULT: BACK TO BIOS

2. Took out the RAM(S) and tried turning it on. RESULT: BACK TO BIOS

2.1 Place RAM 1 by 1 and turning it on. RESULT: BACK TO BIOS

3. Took out the HDD and placed it back again. RESULT: BACK TO BIOS

3.1 Took out HDD and turned it on with no HDD. RESULT: BACK TO BIOS

4. Enabling the CSM Boot option. RESULT: BACK TO BIOS

4.1 Enabling PXE OpROM policy. RESULT: LOOPS AT REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE OR INSERT BOOT MEDIA IN SELECTED BOOT DEVICE AND PRESS A KEY

5. Tried flashing it. RESULT: BACK TO BIOS

Ran out of troubleshoots, tried everything that I have read but to no avail. Last thing that I haven't done is taking out the CMOS battery and placing it back.

I read somewhere on this forums that turning on laptop without HDD with this results:

• Goes into black screen = HDD is damaged.

• Goes back to BIOS = MOBO is damaged.

Kindly confirm if this is correct.

Also, SATA Configuration doesn't show anything but the SATA Mode Selection only (which is set in AHCI)

Please, if you do have any suggestions on what to do, please do comment. Ask me anything you need to know, I'm more than willing to answer everything I can.

Thank you!