Status
Not open for further replies.

unibrowser

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010
My coworker brought me his laptop to fix (sony vaio pcg-71315L). He tells me it just wont boot. Easy fix right? NO! When I turn it on the post is just the vaio sign and then goes to a blank screen with the flashing curser at the top left. I tried to get into bios but there is a password. I have been all over the internet looking at these master password matrix charts and none of them work. So i put in a password 3 times that did not work and instead of locking me out it said something about a one time password and gave me a key. I have no idea what that is about. I took the ssd out and plugged it into my computer and it works just fine. There are two partitions and everything. So i know its not a bad drive. I tried unplugging the cmos battery and of course that doesnt work. I know that nobody is supposed to help me with this because as everyone thinks "its probably stolen". So if you cant give me some help on the password is there like a windows recovery disk i can use or make? Or something? Thanks for all your help in advance.

unibrowser

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2010

haha yes. he has no idea. and no idea what a bios is. I guess this is something the laptop manufacturer puts on there to keep people like me from fixing it so they can make more money. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.