bios password unknown

Solution
since we can't verify you are the owner of the laptop, threads on bypassing/cracking passwords is against the rules.

if there's a password on the bios it's because the owner put it there, if you're the owner then you should know what it is.

Branden

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
since we can't verify you are the owner of the laptop, threads on bypassing/cracking passwords is against the rules.

if there's a password on the bios it's because the owner put it there, if you're the owner then you should know what it is.

Solution

unoriginal1

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

You need to return it to the pawn shop then. If they won't take it back then contact the police as it is likely stolen.

I don't know you.. And I'm trying not to be judgmental. But typically a pawn shop would not purchase something with a password on it... and they aren't in the business of buying things without testing them first. Jus sayin.

Branden

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
i feel for you, laura. but because there's no way for us to verify you are the owner there's nothing we can do.
maybe the pawn shop will take it back, maybe your local computer guru will help.