Bios recognizes the drive, but not windows

Bryangtr

Estimable
Dec 14, 2015
Dell 15 7577
Drive (that i am having issues with): Crucial MX200 1TB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive - CT1000MX200SSD1

Typically if the Bios recognizes the hard drive it apparently will or should show up under disk management. It does not show up at all under disk management. You cannot initialize it, you cannot set a letter, partition, etc. I did a cmd diskpart, list disk, it only shows up with my 128gb boot disk. However i can see the drive in the bios, its even checked marked.

I looked on Crucial's website, they don't have a driver for it. I am at a loss on this, and I hope someone can help me out.

Solution
Could be an issue with the drive board, test it with another system, maybe an external enclosure. If none of them pickup the drive aside from seeing that it's connected as something, the reason you don't see it in disk manager is because the system can't get past just seeing the connection to see any of the storage.
Could be an issue with the drive board, test it with another system, maybe an external enclosure. If none of them pickup the drive aside from seeing that it's connected as something, the reason you don't see it in disk manager is because the system can't get past just seeing the connection to see any of the storage.

Solution