BioShock May Continue Without Original Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky015

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Don't really see much of a problem, Bioshock 1 and Bioshock Infinite where so vastly different as long as they follow the same design concept I don't expect much of a difference.

toastybatch565

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
If they do something to make the combat not boring as fuck and not get lazy toward the end with a fight against the same overpowered boss three times then maybe ill bother with Bioshock again. But Bioshock Infinite, after seeing past the story, was largely boring, save for the VERY FEW times you got to use the ziplines.

oxiide

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2011
Its not like Bioshock 2 was a bad game, so I'm not particularly worried. No, Infinite didn't leave a loose end for a sequel, but that wouldn't really feel right in a Bioshock game anyway at this point. I think we expect self-contained stories in fresh settings from that franchise. "Knowing what to expect" runs contrary to a Bioshock game.

G

"The gaming industry has come under fire in recent years for an overreliance on sequels, but that trend does not appear to be going away any time soon"

Nothing wrong with sequels. This industry, just like any other industry is in business to make money. Obviously having 10 sequels or yearly releases just for the hell of it (*cough* COD *cough*) is a bit excessive though. That would be a bit annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 0
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
Marshall Honorof Streaming Video & TVs 4
S Streaming Video & TVs 6
G Streaming Video & TVs 1