Question Bitdefender VS Kaspersky VS Norton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2017
For starters, remove Kaspersky from your list. The Russians are more likely to take all your personal data back home for nefarious reasons. As to the others, they will cost you money but Windows Defender works quite well and is free.

@Saga Lout
Well to get good security I don't care how much it costs, all I want is Quality Product.
So as you said if I remove Kaspersky from my list then;
Among Bitdefender and Norton which is worth the choice and why?

I have seen that Norton is very well based in US Region. And from my childhood seeing as always Bitdefender No.1 so is that true?

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017
I saw now that Norton introduced 360 the new one to only US. Others countries have other editions.
So I was wondering which is best, Norton Premium or Bitdefender Total Security

And I also want to use VPN with them.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019
I would say Bitdefender. Is very well rated all over the world. Also Kaspersky is very good, the spying thing is exagerated, they don't have time and resources to spy on every K user. If they want to spy something they will do it. As a regular guy you can't be a target for secret services from any country if you don't have bad intentions :D On the other hand the threats are on another level these days. If you don't install or download suspicious things is very unlikely to get a worm.

Apr 24, 2019
Seemingly. Even if Bitdefender uses more resources (in my opinion and I even wrote them to check this) that doesn't mean it isn't a good AV, especially among the free AV versions. Almost all reviews put Bitdefender in top 3. K and Bitdef are the first 2 choices for most experts. I use K at work and Bitdefender at home free versions both. On the other hand I didn't get any malware or anything or warnings about getting some until now to see how good they are protecting me so...And I assure no one about K just saying that I think as a regular guy with normal work not in the army energy banks or other importants fields with secret data or government stuff Kaspersky wouldn't be a threat. And who can assure us that other softwares doesn't spy on us?

digitalgriffin

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2008
For starters, remove Kaspersky from your list. The Russians are more likely to take all your personal data back home for nefarious reasons. As to the others, they will cost you money but Windows Defender works quite well and is free.

It could very well be they are reporting back to mother russia. But unless you work at some secure facility or deal with advanced tech, you are worthless to them.

That said i switched over to bitdefender on all machines and supplement it with multiple layers of defense.

Oct 24, 2017
Thanks all for your reply, I have seen the video, Bitdefender as usual wins the game.
I have searched the whole web for several weeks and went on several website and found out at as always Bitdefender is the No.1 in all the ways, not only protection but so many other features and its disadvantages is very less.

Its been a while I am using Bitdefender Total Security 2019 in multiple devices is very well, and not to mention their VPN is very nice.

So, #BitdefenderFTW (y)?

Status
Not open for further replies.