Bizarre thing happened, possible virus. Help/Opinions appreciated

mrfaces

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
Bizarre thing happened today.

My computer was working fine until today. I get home from work turn on the computer and get a splash screen before windows launched that I have never seen before "American Megatrends" with an error message.

Error - Overclocking failed! Please enter Setup to re-configure your system.
Press F1 to Run SETUP
Press F2 to load default values and continue.

Just want to add that I have never overclocked nor ever tried to overclock the CPU.
The only thing I have ever did was set the ram to 1600mhz 1 to 1 1/2 years ago in bios.
It was the probably the last time I was in BIOS.

I pressed F2 to load default values and continue. After I did it I was wondering if I should of pressed F1.

When windows booted up it gave me an image from over a year ago. I have old bookmarks for my browser. Missing icons on desktop, messages popping up to update windows and virus software.

I shut down and restart. It installed the updates then brought me to log on screen, still old image of over a year ago.

Does anybody have an idea what happened and how to get my current image back?

I'm thinking I'm going to try a system restore but would like to hear people's opinions.

Thanks.

Info about my computer:

Custom build computer I built in April 2010.

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
CPU - Intel i7 930
12 gigs of ram
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Vertex 3 SDD 120 gig
Raptor drive 600 gig

mrfaces

Distinguished
May 6, 2010
Sorry for the spam and premature message.

I figured it out.

I have an image on both my hard drives. I had just the Raptor drive initially, then over a year ago I bought the Vertex 3 SDD, installed windows and used the Raptor as a secondary drive.

For some reason it booted off the Raptor instead of my SDD. First time that ever happened. I thought at first it was an old image from the SDD until I went into Explorer and noticed my Raptor drive was C:\.
What I trip.

Now I just got change the settings to boot back to the SDD.