Black and White picture Samsung TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

guingabjerome

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017
I keep getting Black and White picture even though I connected it the right way from my player with a composite connection and I have a samsung shared component composite connection. What I want to be resolve is when I put the tv menu on source and look for av receiver the only thing that displays is the component option along with the tv which I know is for cable/antenna. Thanks in advance who can help me with this!

Kenton82

Estimable

Ok, please look in the settings menu on the DVD player, and find the region (NTSC/PAL) settings. This may need switching over.

guingabjerome

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017

Sir. Good day! That's what the problem because when i choose the "Component" it always display Black and White because the player/box that i have with me has the red yellow and white available for connection which is a composite av-out? and will connect to my samsung tv with a shared component composite jack. I think my samsung tv is interpreting that it is in "Component" connection where as it is actually a composite one that it's receiving. besides the two connection should be displaying it on my source.

guingabjerome

Prominent
Sep 24, 2017

I tried on my cousin's tv which is an LG brand and it worked perfectly as it should without even selecting composite or component connection....the same connection i did from my samsung tv and i guess it may be some menu setting which i believe was set up wrong? other than the source connection itself?

Kenton82

Estimable

Ok, please look in the settings menu on the DVD player, and find the region (NTSC/PAL) settings. This may need switching over.

atrain7692

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
For anyone still looking for a solution on a samsung smart tv:
Try unplugging the Blue component adapter and then you should be able to switch the source to A/V.

jacqbezuidt110910

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018

jacqbezuidt110910

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
Have you found the solution for this as I encountered the same problem sometimes was playing in colour showing it is on av but suddenly it switches to component than picture is black and white and it don't give me the option to switch back to av???n

Mar 17, 2018

That is the solution! ThankYou!!!

May 2, 2018
I have a Samsung UN65KU6300F and I'm getting a black and white picture with distorted audio. I'm using green, red and blue component cables with a set of red and blue audio out cables.

May 26, 2018

This totally worked. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 1