Black internal screen

EveCloud

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016
My laptop (MSI GE62) 's screen has been black whenever I turn it on. The power button lights up indicating its on, keyboard backlight comes on but the screen remains completely black. the only way I can get it to turn it on is to hook it to another display and turn it on, shutdown and turn it on with the HDMI on. Any reason why this is happening and how to fix this annoying problem? It's only been a year since the purchase.

Solution
Well it could be a few things.

1. Check the ribbon cable connecting the monitor to the base. Is it dented, pinched, loose, disconnected, etc.?

2. Check for the backlight being out. To do so aim a flashlight or other light, at an angle, at the display when the laptop is on. Can you see a faint image of your desktop? If yes, your backlight is probably needing replacement.

3. If it is none of these, the whole display probably needs to be replaced.
Well it could be a few things.

1. Check the ribbon cable connecting the monitor to the base. Is it dented, pinched, loose, disconnected, etc.?

2. Check for the backlight being out. To do so aim a flashlight or other light, at an angle, at the display when the laptop is on. Can you see a faint image of your desktop? If yes, your backlight is probably needing replacement.

3. If it is none of these, the whole display probably needs to be replaced.

Solution