jacksonb

Prominent
Jul 3, 2017
Recently my HP Probook 450 G1's display has stopped working, it turns on as I can see the backlight but I am only able to see anything else through use of an external monitor. How can I fix this?

Solution
If it is only working on the external monitor, then it is likely either the cable that connects your display or the display itself are the problem. If you feel comfortable getting the parts and doing the work yourself, great. If not, then I would try a local tech.

NOTE: Now if your device is under warranty, then don't do anything yourself or have a local tech look at it. Contact the manufacturer instead.
If it is only working on the external monitor, then it is likely either the cable that connects your display or the display itself are the problem. If you feel comfortable getting the parts and doing the work yourself, great. If not, then I would try a local tech.

NOTE: Now if your device is under warranty, then don't do anything yourself or have a local tech look at it. Contact the manufacturer instead.

Solution