black mark and crack on screen


Apr 13, 2016
I opened my screen today and have a black circle that's about 3 inches wide on the right side of my screen, it has a crack running through it. I use a semi-newer hp laptop. When I move my cursor to the black part the cursor moves under it. Are these dead pixels and is there any way to fix them without replacing the screen? And if I can't fix it is there any way to not have it spread to the rest of the screen? Thank you for any help. I use this for school and can't really afford even a new screen for it at the moment.
can use an external monitor but laptop screen will need to be replaced as the crack & black mark will spread just like a crack on a car's windshield.