Review Black Myth Wukong looks incredible but this Monkey King can't measure up to Kratos

Aug 21, 2024
His first opening line of this article 'Black Myth Wukong narrowly misses perfection'.... goes on to give it 3 1/2 stars. Make it make sense.

Aug 25, 2024
"Misses the mark" to the tune of nearly 400,000 overwhelmingly positive (96%) reviews on Steam. Tony I'm sorry you didn't like the game, but sometimes you have to zoom out and see the big picture, this could easily win GOTY. I'm sorry it was confusing to you, but maybe show some cultural sensitivity here and don't act like an entitled Western game journalist. Do you think a person who grew up in mainland China finds God of War to be an accessible narrative with easily digestible lore?

I'm sorry this game pushed you out of your comfort zone, but maybe consider not everything in a work is meant to be understood, all at once, in the single week you have to cram in playing it and write a review. Some works, many of the great ones historically, can only be fully understood after experiencing them multiple times, when you have the time to consider and digest all of their aspects and disparate parts. Just because something doesn't pander to exactly how you want it to be made and presented, doesn't mean it is flawed or incoherent.

Last edited: