black screen acer v15 nitro

kristo_2

Commendable
May 16, 2016
I reccently bought a new acer v5 nitro black edition and on turning it on for the first time the screen was blank but when connected to external display everything was working fine but no image on laptop screen.I then factory resetted the whole thing and the display came on on the lap until i shut it down and opened it the next morning now i am back to square one.someone please help

Hi,

It seems like that the GPU is acting up and it's thinking that there's an external monitor connected to it. Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First, connect an external monitor again and if it will display on the external display press the Windows key + P at the same time and select "Computer Only".
- Once the display is back on the built in display proceed with doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Nvidia graphics driver.
- Next is to open Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to Nvidia.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- And if the same problem will persist I would suggest taking it back for a replacement since it shouldn't be doing those problem in the first place since it's new.

kristo_2

Commendable
May 16, 2016

Well on the second step of selecting display to pc screen only the display is not coming