Black screen after sleep

Kryptosx

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
I put my HP G7-2325dx laptop to sleep and when I went to wake it up, the screen was completely black, so I tried restarting it, but that did nothing.

I tried hard resetting, hooking it to my TV via HDMI, but it didn't show up. I also tried reseating the RAM, but that didn't work either.

I've tried getting to the CMOS battery but it's inside the motherboard, and I don't want to break anything.

I don't really know what to do at this point, and I need this laptop to function.
Any help is very appreciated.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then put everything back together then try booting it up.
- If this will not work, do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will boot up normally.
- Lastly, remove the HDD off the laptop then boot it up and see if it will boot up.
- If all these will not work, do contact HP for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.

Kryptosx

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
I did a hard reset like you said in your post and when I turned it on I'm getting a bright white screen now, but when I move the screen it goes black, and when I move it back it goes white