Black screen but every thing else seems to be working including the wireless module

William_148

Commendable
Aug 20, 2016
It is with great interest that i have read all the posts concerning my Sony SVE 151A11W and tried most things. If i may explain. After taking out the battery for 30 seconds did help, because when i start it up i have now wireless connection, the HDD is running also the fans, the key board lights up like a Christmas tree. But the screen stays black and after a minute powers down, is there a chance that the ribbon connecting the screen to the motherboard could be faulty. I would be grateful for any help. Thanks Bill

Solution
It is very possible the ribbon cable is damaged. You can check it for bends, pinches, also if it is loose or even disconnected. If the problem is not there, you may want to try turning off the laptop, plug in an external monitor, turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop.

Can you see the system on the external monitor?

If so, and the ribbon cable wasn't the problem, then the attached display may need replacing. Now if you can't see the system, even on the external monitor, your graphics card may be going.
It is very possible the ribbon cable is damaged. You can check it for bends, pinches, also if it is loose or even disconnected. If the problem is not there, you may want to try turning off the laptop, plug in an external monitor, turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop.

Can you see the system on the external monitor?

If so, and the ribbon cable wasn't the problem, then the attached display may need replacing. Now if you can't see the system, even on the external monitor, your graphics card may be going.

Solution