Hey guys, I have an hp pavilion and whenever I flip up the screen it stays black, the laptop itself is on but the screen stays black, this happens 3/5 time. I can restart the laptop and the screen will come on, but as you can imagine, its annoying, any help would be great.
Changing your Power Option settings should do the trick. Here's the steps you can follow:
1. Click Start then on the Search box type in Power Option and press enter.
2. In Power Option select Change plan settings on where the PC is set at (Balanced or Power Saver)
3. Once in Change settings for the plan: Balanced or Power Saver click on Change advanced power settings
4. Look for Hard disk and click the + sign next to it.
5. Set Turn off hard disk after to Never or 0 then click Apply and OK
6. Look for Sleep and expand it, again expand Allow Hybrid sleep and set it to never or 0
7. Do the same thing for Hibernate after.
8. Close everything out then try putting the PC on sleep mode or hibernate.