Black Screen+ logo white-cursor boot-up

Kuurstal

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
So this whole day has been a nightmare of more things breaking after trying to fix something.
I had been attempting to get GEforce Experience to recognize the graphics card(just got it detected by the system again after a system clean-up program seemingly wiped it from my system).

Found a solution online(http://www.overclock.net/t/1150443/how-to-remove-your-nvidia-gpu-drivers-new-2016) after needing to restart a couple time to finish uninstalling it suddenly crashes to a blue screen with a long-ish error message I couldn't read(it wasn't DXGKRNL_FATAL_VIDEO_ERROR, though I get that anytime I remove the HDMI cord while it's on)I had only finished the remove drivers portion of the guide.
Now it only boots black, it will sometimes show the Alienware logo and sound-system name at boot like it should, but then its just black, if I move my cursor it will temporarily appear then leave again if left idle.

F8 boot menu doesn't seem to work either.

TL;DR: Uninstalled NVIDIA, boots black with logo and white-cursor.

Specs: Alienware M17x (R4 I believe)
Processor: Intel Inside core i7
Ram: 8Gb
Video Card: Geforce GTX 860m

If any other info is needed please let me know, this laptop is my baby and one of the few joys I can call my own, I appreciate any help given.

Solution
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If there's still no display on your screen, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it or not. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the motherboard.
- If you'll manage to boot the laptop normally onto the desktop screen, proceed with doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Here's how...
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If there's still no display on your screen, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it or not. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the motherboard.
- If you'll manage to boot the laptop normally onto the desktop screen, proceed with doing a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Here's how: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

Solution

Kuurstal

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
Thank you SOO much, I really appreciate it.
I managed to get a boot-fix form a friend and I'm attempting to do a system restore, but I will definitely do a clean install, that sounds like a fantastic idea.