black screen occur when trying to install win 8.1

May 1, 2018
Hey guys i have hp elitebook 8470p ..it has windows 7 in it ... i want to install windows 8.1 in it but when I boot windows from usb or cd , it boots , window logo appers then nothing just a black screen and if i leave the computer for some time [hoping that window will boot] the usb light turn off showing that there is no power .....Plz help me in installing windows

NOTE: c drive is formatted so no window os is currently installed in the laptop...

May 1, 2018

Yes it's in the right order.

Yesterday I was again trying to install Windows 8.1 and that time the window setup actually booted but the window installation got freezed on getting files ready for installation ....then after sometime USB powered off.....

check with hp web page make sure you have the newest bios on it. a lot of times with hp and dells they will end a model and not make an updated bios for newer windows. if you have the newest bios check in the bios that secure boot is off to let the usb stick post. also use windows iso to usb tool or windows media creation tool to see if it a bad iso. also try another usb stick.

May 1, 2018

I have the latest version of bios and iso is totally fine. And secure boot is also off.....and same thing also happens with windows 10 weather I boot from a USB or dvs