Black Screen on starting my laptop

Ashjk

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
Hi! I have the Dell Inspirion 15 which I bought close to two and a half years ago so I am obviously outside the warranty period. On starting my laptop, I am able to sign in and after that a completely black screen appears. Is there is anything I could to rectify this problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks a ton,
Ash.

Solution
Try starting it in Safe Mode. If that works, uninstall the video driver from device manager and reboot, it should detect the video hardware again when you reboot.

If that also does not get you video, hook up the laptop to an external monitor, attach a keyboard and mouse to it, turn it on and close the lid right after you hit the power button. If you don't get a display then either, you should look into re-installing Windows. You would probably want to remove the existing hard drive and get another one to install Windows on unless you already have backups of your files made.
Try starting it in Safe Mode. If that works, uninstall the video driver from device manager and reboot, it should detect the video hardware again when you reboot.

If that also does not get you video, hook up the laptop to an external monitor, attach a keyboard and mouse to it, turn it on and close the lid right after you hit the power button. If you don't get a display then either, you should look into re-installing Windows. You would probably want to remove the existing hard drive and get another one to install Windows on unless you already have backups of your files made.

Solution