tried connecting my lenovo laptop vie hdmi to my phillips tv and all i get is a black screen with a blinking hyphen on the left top corner. the kind of line you use to write something in dos and such. tried every screen setting i could think of and nothing worked. running windows 7
p.s. the laptop screen works fine its just the tv screen
also the screen settings show a vga connection when trieng to connect to projector but I'm using hdmi...
Start by updating your graphics card driver with the latest one.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the old graphics driver.
- Same goes in Programs and Features uninstall anything related to your graphics card.
- Download and install the latest driver there is from the manufacturers site.
- Reboot your laptop after the installation.
- Test if after the reboot. Press the Windows key + P at the same time and select either Duplicate or Extended.