black screen with blinking line when connecting laptop to philips tv via hdmi

Igor__

Estimable
Nov 7, 2015
tried connecting my lenovo laptop vie hdmi to my phillips tv and all i get is a black screen with a blinking hyphen on the left top corner. the kind of line you use to write something in dos and such. tried every screen setting i could think of and nothing worked. running windows 7
p.s. the laptop screen works fine its just the tv screen
also the screen settings show a vga connection when trieng to connect to projector but I'm using hdmi...

Hi,
Start by updating your graphics card driver with the latest one.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the old graphics driver.
- Same goes in Programs and Features uninstall anything related to your graphics card.
- Download and install the latest driver there is from the manufacturers site.
NVIDIA: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot your laptop after the installation.
- Test if after the reboot. Press the Windows key + P at the same time and select either Duplicate or Extended.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 3
E Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 4
P Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 4
H Laptop Tech Support 20
4 Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 4
B Laptop Tech Support 3
Similar threads
Solved! My hp pavilion i5 laptop needs fix black screen with caps lock blinking 5 times then 3 times fast how to fix
My keyboard keeps blinking, I hear sound but my screen is black and won't turn on?
Acer Aspire E14 touch laptop screen stays black/blinking
My hp.15 isnt starting and tger is no cApslock blink only power button is on and only black screen
When I turn on my laptop ,the screen still remains black whereas the LEDs are blinking plz help me
My Acer Chromebook 15 has a blank black screen but a faint blink off and on. What can I do?
I have an hp15-f233wm. Screen stays black when I power on and caps lock blinks twice slowly followed by 2 fast blinks. What is
Black screen with light blinking at power button
Acer Aspire V won't turn on & has blinking black screen
Replaced motherboard on laptop but now it only turns on a displays black screen with and (-) steady not blinking. Any help on
hp k7w76ua#aba screen black cap lock blinking
hp probook 455 g1 black screen caps blinking 1 time
Windows 10 black screen with caps blinking 3,5 pattern how do I fix it?
Dell Vostro won't boot- goes straight to black screen with blinking cursor
Sony vaio leptop srted to black screen and white blink
my hp 350g1 laptop.it comes on but it has black screen ,caps light is blinking
My medion erazer laptop doesnt turn on my screen is black and he powerbutton keeps blinking rapidly the battery is low but it
I have HP pavillion dv 7 laptop, It comes on but has black screen, caps light blinking, put new power cord, it sounds really s
Ok so i have a acer aspire v5 and when i try to turn it on the screen is black and the 3rd light from the left just blinks the
Opened up pc to install ram, tried to start and caps lock blinks and screen stays black

ASK THE COMMUNITY