Black Wii For Sale in UK, Maybe U.S. Next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhowie

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Why can't I get a lime green wii? That would entice me to buy. Too many entertainment units are silver or black.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
It makes me wonder when console makers will make up their minds on whether people want light or dark consoles. Nintendo started with more neutral (NES) then lighter, (SNES) dark, (N64) then... I don't even wanna guess. (GCN) Sony started with light (PS1) then went to dark (PS2) and stayed there. (PS3) Microsoft... Started dark, (Xbox) and switched to light. (X360)

Granted, I feel the obvious solution is to have both available. Personally, I'd prefer black, since white/pale units invariably stick out like a sore thumb in my entertainment center. but of course, others feel differently. Plus, of course, I think a lot of people are irked that Nintendo HAD all those shades of Wii casings displayed before console release, and then just only produced the white ones.

All this suggests that Nintendo's probably more confident that the production will be able to meet demand this season. It makes me wonder... Might the "upgraded" Wiis be around the corner? I mean the ones with more than 512MB internal flash memory, perhaps DVD movie playback, and possibly 802.11n support.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
And I just bought the regular white wii and my girlfreind would love the black one, oh well,its not like I would stomach paying more that what the wii used to cost to get it and the new bundles.

Status
Not open for further replies.