Blackberry Kicked iPhone's Butt in December

Status
Not open for further replies.

_horse

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Two words: PRICE TAG.

iPhone shot itself in the foot with a carrier that requires such a high safety deposit (my quote with good credit was 600$... no lie). Nobody in this market is willing to pay that for a phone.

You can waltz in to Be$t Buy right now and get a BlackBerry off the shelf for one of those pay-as-you-go plans with a few different characters. I go pay my Alltel bill in store today, and I can get a curve for $150 or less with a two year plan, and get the majority of the vital functionality that I can get with an iPhone.

The only real difference I've seen is a brand name, a few games, a motion sensor, and a few apps that can be cancelled out with a little googling. Nothing to justify the huge pricetag on the iPhone, especially in this economy.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
here in Canada it only cost me $100 for the 16GB iPhone as i was upgrading my old phone. The plan is $40 a month for 5 GB's of data,with pretty much unlimited calling and text. It your case it is definitely your carrier's fault, not apples

_horse

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I never said it had anything to do with being apples fault, and you upgraded from already being on that service carrier. You're entitled to a deal if you already use their service. That goes for just about every cell carrier.

Down here in the US, normally it goes:
-Get first phone and open account with carrier.
-Sign 2 year contract.
-One year passes, re-sign a contract for another 2 years, and get a different phone at the sale price to new customers.
OR
-Buy new phone early at full price.

daveola

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006
Until Apple gets off their lazy arses and adds something as simple as Picture Texting they will continue to get their "Butts Kicked" by the Blackberry. I like my 3G but I will not ever buy another one if it doesnt have picture messaging. If another company comes out with a similar phone that has most of the bells and whistles I will gladly pay out my contract and buy elsewhere.

daveola

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2006
Until Apple gets off their lazy asses and adds something as simple as picture messaging they will continue to get their butts kicked by Blackberry. I like my 3G but I would gladly pay out my contract if someone else offers a similar phone with most of the bells and whistles and the 3G. It just pisses me off every time I get a text message telling me to go to viewmymessage.com because my high tech phone cant view it on the screen. I CALL BULL___!!!

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
I would like to see the world wide sales of the curve and the 3G to date...

Lets see who is #1, something tells me Iphone has sold far more.

G

I would hope so. My curve is a piece of crap. There is no real basis of comparison between the iphone and what it will do - and the curve - unless it is what the curve won't do. Ive had an iphone for over a year and nobody has sent me a picture text yet. Email is way more functional.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Chokehold... I dont think iphone can get picure TXT's...

This past weekend i nearly broke up with my GF over this…. True story.
We were hammered Friday night at different places and talkin all sweet and stuff, after we were off phone I txt her to send me some pics of her **as if, but I can try asking :)** anyhow she did!!!!
So on my side I received nothing, but she is all pi**ed cause she sent them to me and of course im not replying to a message i never got.

Anyhow the next day we were together and sure enough she showed me the pics on her phone and they were sent to me. I did not receive the txt’s or the pics. I proved to her by having her TXT me a picture of the wall... which i did not get.

In the end… I didn’t get the pics ever :( DAMN IPHONE!!!!!!!!

croc

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2005
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]I would like to see the world wide sales of the curve and the 3G to date...Lets see who is #1, something tells me Iphone has sold far more.[/citation]

Don't have any sales figures to back this up, but in AUS I've only seen one or two people with an iphone. And I suspect that they were Yankee terrorists... Uh, tourists.

We can buy an iphone in mall kiosks, unlocked, and use them on prepaid plans as well. But why? Crap battery life, can't carry a spare battery... Data costs are megabucks over 3g, and if I needed data, I'd use an HSDPA capable adapter in my laptop anyway.

G

Have any of you guys heard of HTC? The HTC Touch Pro and such OWNS both black berry and iphone!

G

^^ uhm, no. multi touch is the key, none of them have it.
the touch pro is slow as fck, and not really made to me touched with your fingers, the blackberry's screen is way to small, and the touch panel suffers from the same problems as the htc.
atm, only the iphone has the features it has. despite all the crappy software errors, the phone is still (at least for me) the best there is.

rexoverbey

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
Except that research company does not take in numbers from Apple store, Best Buy, or Wal-Mart which are the main sellers of the iPhone. Neither does it take into account that there are other flavors of BB Curve on 5 different carriers, compared to only AT&T for iPhone in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.