May 14, 2022
Hello everyone,

My laptop model is toshiba satellite c660 and I use it without battery.
Both of shift buttons of my laptop weren’t working. I cleaned the keyboard and narrow lines that are full of dirt of my laptop with toothpick and toothbrush. However, when I plug the cable in and press the opening button the screen wasn’t working. I waited and pulled off the cable. I plugged the cable in and pressed the button again. Laptop wasn’t even opening. No sign of life.

I took it to be repaired. They said it is a motherboard short circuit and they said they fixed it. They pressed the opening button and the laptop and the screen was working. I took it to my home and after few days I pressed the button. Screen wasn’t working and after ten minutes windows 10 symbol appeared. I waited for one hour and the symbol was still there. I pulled off the cable and plugged it in. Then pressed the opening button but it didn’t open.

After few hours I pressed the button again, Then it started but screen wasn’t working. I pulled off the cable again and plugged it in. Afterwards I pressed the opening button. But It didn’t open. Do you have any idea about my laptop’s problem? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
Hello everyone,

My laptop model is toshiba satellite c660 and I use it without battery.
Both of shift buttons of my laptop weren’t working. I cleaned the keyboard and narrow lines that are full of dirt of my laptop with toothpick and toothbrush. However, when I plug the cable in and press the opening button the screen wasn’t working. I waited and pulled off the cable. I plugged the cable in and pressed the button again. Laptop wasn’t even opening. No sign of life.

I took it to be repaired. They said it is a motherboard short circuit and they said they fixed it. They pressed the opening button and the laptop and the screen was working. I took it to my home and after few days I pressed the button. Screen wasn’t working and after ten minutes windows 10 symbol appeared. I waited for one hour and the symbol was still there. I pulled off the cable and plugged it in. Then pressed the opening button but it didn’t open.

After few hours I pressed the button again, Then it started but screen wasn’t working. I pulled off the cable again and plugged it in. Afterwards I pressed the opening button. But It didn’t open. Do you have any idea about my laptop’s problem? Thanks in advance.

You have an extremely old laptop from 2011. Given that Toshiba makes some of the lowest end cheap crap, in my opinion your best course of action is a new laptop. The repair shop you took it to can probably give you a recommendation based on what you use your laptop for, or you can ask here as many people such as myself are quite knowledgable.

As for your current issue, I think that your laptop is on its last legs and won't last much longer regardless of how many times it's taken to the repair shop.

Since the Windows logo is showing for a long time, my best guess is that your hard drive is failing, on top of a myriad of other issues that are starting to show up because of the laptop's age.

Reactions: kursat42
May 14, 2022
You have an extremely old laptop from 2011. Given that Toshiba makes some of the lowest end cheap crap, in my opinion your best course of action is a new laptop. The repair shop you took it to can probably give you a recommendation based on what you use your laptop for, or you can ask here as many people such as myself are quite knowledgable.

As for your current issue, I think that your laptop is on its last legs and won't last much longer regardless of how many times it's taken to the repair shop.

Since the Windows logo is showing for a long time, my best guess is that your hard drive is failing, on top of a myriad of other issues that are starting to show up because of the laptop's age.

Thank you for response! I can’t afford a new one. Sadly, my only option is to get it repaired. When I plug it off after Windows logo and plug it in then press the power button it doesn’t even start. Can it also be related to hard drive fail?

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
Thank you for response! I can’t afford a new one. Sadly, my only option is to get it repaired. When I plug it off after Windows logo and plug it in then press the power button it doesn’t even start. Can it also be related to hard drive fail?

Power issues are rarely related to hard drive failures. Like I said, I think your laptop is just failing due to age. Sometimes they just stop working after a while, and sometimes they die kicking and screaming like yours :p

Reactions: kursat42