Blinking Laptop Display

rllyon27

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
I have a toshiba Satellite C55-C5241 running Windows 10. that I have had for about 1 1/2 years. Recently I have been having problems with intermittent blinking of the display. It doesn't go off. It just flashes. I have checked the hardware settings in Windows and everything shows as up to date and working properly. I am concerned to determine if this is something likely to get worse.

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X Laptop Tech Support 1
Matiyo Laptop Tech Support 0
R Laptop Tech Support 3
anonymous30 Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
6 Laptop Tech Support 1
iAdarsh Laptop Tech Support 13
A Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1