Blockbuster: $10 for Unlimited Rentals for One Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
I have a feeling this has nothing to do with the economy, and everything to do with companies like Netflix murdering Blockbuster's customer base. I think I'd rather pay $5 for a month of movies that are delivered to my door.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
$10 for 1 week of unlimited blockbuster movies, limited selection, 1 movie at a time? Netflix is $4.50 per week, 3 at a time, and you don't even have to drive to the movie store.

The only reason to go to Blockbuster instead of Netflix is if your mailbox ran away from home and you have no way of receiving Netflix movies.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Our local BB store charges $1/day for normal movies, $2/day for new releases, as many as you want to get at one time. I'm not driving back and forth to the store for one movie at a time for $10.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
What blockbuster really needs is a low monthly fee with unlimited amounts of rentals and allow a higher amount of rentals than Netflix and include games into the deal. Then maybe I would consider using them.

Its been years before I even walked into Blockbuster and I don't see myself ever doing so again.

G

they should allow you to rent the candy mmm snickers bars :)
if they allowed you to rent games and movies in unlimited quantities what says you dont return and yes you would sign up with a fake address and stuff of course but still yah games are expensive so the low fee wouldnt be to low you would probably beable to do something like upto 8 movies maybe 3 games for a modest 15-20$ with varying smaller packages id pay for that especially if they did the whole mail thing and then return them to a store to get more movies

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Ha.
My local blockbuster has offered the same deal for games at $29 Canadian dollars (~$26 USD) for 1 month segments.
What makes this special?

I pay $40 a month for all the games and movies I want in unlimited quantity (all movies, and 95%+ of games) for as long as I want.
$40 is how much my ISP chares me monthly...
Aaargh me matey!

[citation][nom]thebagleguy[/nom]...what says you dont return and yes you would sign up with a fake address and stuff...[/citation]

Because typically these accounts are linked to your credit card (has anyone tried one of those $50 prepaid visas?).

[citation][nom]seboj[/nom]People still rent from Blockbuster?[/citation]

Yes...
Every once in a while I go there to decide what I want to download.
I can support my ISP or I can support Blockbuster and Hollywood. I like the one who gives me more than just the movies and games (and I buy games I love usually anyways).

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
Netflix uses poor temp workers to staff their warehouses and i will not support that especially since i work in a videostore.
my friend owns Videoport here in Portland, maine and i have been his right hand man for 14 years now.that is my day job then at night i am an artist.

i would support the little guy who has a shop than big corporate blockbuster or big faceless netflix.

you guys should help out your local economy by buying local when possible

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I have not been into a Blockbuster in 5+ years and this deal doesn't sound enticing at all. Why in the world would I want to drive back and forth from Blockbuster to rent one movie at a time when I can sit at home and have movies delivered to my door? This deal would be cool if they had something like 5 at a time max but as it stands now this is just retarded. Waste more than $10 just driving there and back. Blockbuster just doesn't get it.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Who rents movies anymore? I just pirate all my movies online, throw them on a USB stick and plug into the DVD player that plays DIVX movies from the USB stick. It's free and fast. Wait, is that wrong? Oh, that's right - since the recording industry started going after people for every little thing I no longer pay them a dime for any music or video - I steal it all. Sorry RIAA, you lost my business years ago.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
lol, I like the comment above and do the same thing. The only reason I go to Hollywood/Blockbuster web sites are to see what movies I should download. The coming soon section on Hollywood pretty much tells what what should be available on torrent. Usually 1-2 weeks before release is a good copy out there. Screw the industry, greedy movie stars making millions of dollars a year but people that work 10x as hard make $30k. Screw em all.

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
i use iTunes to figure out whats hot. Also, I work at Best Buy, so I have access to thousand of titles for ideas, and I know about new releases. BitTorrent FTW. BTW I buy the stuff I really like, and just keep it in the box.

FHDelux

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
I got sick of signing up for some Blockbuster super deal, then a month later having them raise the price, over and over and over. Now, i have been Blockbuster free for about 8 months and have not missed it at all, a combination of buying used DVDs from FYE and netflix streaming have saved me a ton of money. Blockbuster can go down in flames for all i care, they deserve it.

xophaser

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2007
You got to be joking. I was on Hollywood video (MVP) unlimited rental for like 9.99 or was it 14.99 per month 2.5 years ago before I join netflix.

cl_spdhax1

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008
I done the $15 for 7 days, and all i did was copied 6-8 blu-rays movies per day.

You CANT do that in a short time with any other mailing service. Once the 7 days is expired, it doesn't auto renew so it's not any hassle also.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]p05esto[/nom]Who rents movies anymore? I just pirate all my movies online, throw them on a USB stick and plug into the DVD player that plays DIVX movies from the USB stick. It's free and fast. Wait, is that wrong? Oh, that's right - since the recording industry started going after people for every little thing I no longer pay them a dime for any music or video - I steal it all. Sorry RIAA, you lost my business years ago.[/citation]

And I hope you get your ass busted with your illegal DVD's, are forced to pay a huge fine, or spend time in jail. Stealing hasn't and will never be the answer to what you think the problems are. You, sir, are just making the problem worse, much much worse.

rockabye

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Rent a movie, copy it onto your laptop in your car, then go back and rent another. There's the solution to your star wars marathon problem. :) Yes, I know I'm awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.