Bloomberg: Verizon to get iPhone in January

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac21365

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]If it has Verizon's LTE and if I can hold it the way I want to hold it I might take a look at it. We'll see if it actually happens though.[/citation]

Agreed. Also, looking at the Android phones that will be out very soon, Apple's going to have to do more than "add an LTE radio" to the iPhone 4 to keep up with the supposed LTE handsets Verizon will be releasing around the same time.

Apple's been ahead of the competition during each release til this year... With google backing Android, they took a step up from Chaotic Neutral to Neutral Evil... Apple, you've got competition now. Onlytime will tell if they can keep up.

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
In chicago AT&T isn't bad at all. In fact it's great. But I trust everyone when they say AT&T sucks. Only time will tell.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I hope the iPhone never comes to Verizon. I like my network non-congested with smug, nose thumbing jerks. Nevermind the data jams, I just hate the users.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]ac21365[/nom]Also, looking at the Android phones that will be out very soon, Apple's going to have to do more than "add an LTE radio" to the iPhone 4 to keep up with the supposed LTE handsets Verizon will be releasing around the same time.[/citation]

What info have you seen about possible LTE handsets? (I'm not trying to snark, I'm genuinely curious, and haven't seen anything about possible features of such phones).

ac21365

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
[citation][nom]restatement3dofted[/nom]What info have you seen about possible LTE handsets? (I'm not trying to snark, I'm genuinely curious, and haven't seen anything about possible features of such phones).[/citation]
Verizon themselves stated that their goal was to have "5 LTE handsets on the market by middle of next year".

My statement about the iPhone keeping up came from the observation of the sheer rate that other phones are progressing in both hardware (moto/htc) and software (froyo, anyone?). It would be fair to wager that the LTE offerings in Q1 2011 will far outstrip the current iPhone's specs, which means if the supposed "Verizon iPhone 4G's" ONLY changes are a CDMA/LTE radio, the phone itself would only satiate the fanboys that wanted it, seeing as the actual hardware would be dated compared to the competition at the time.

Sure, its speculation, but reasonable speculation the way I see it.

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
IPhone users smug? Looks who is talking. All the smug comes from people who don't have an apple product lol. I don't care for apple but their phone has been treating me fine just like my Nokia from before and possibly my droid next I presume.

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I highly doubt this report. Why? If you look on the Apple job listings they are hiring 4 antenna engineers and one antenna team lead for the iPhone and none of the listings require experience with CDMA but experience is required for GSM, EDGE, WiFi, etc.

j51

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
How about a verizon iphone wich works on the up-coming verizon 4G network?..;)

That should be a perfect timing for both of them...:D

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
If verizon ever gets the iphone then maybe I will be interested in getting one....but right now I dont even want a smart phone (I would never use any of the features and the plans would just cost too much for me)...

totheshed

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]djtronika[/nom]In chicago AT&T isn't bad at all. In fact it's great. But I trust everyone when they say AT&T sucks. Only time will tell.[/citation]

Cingular originated on the east coast. In the bigger cities like Chicago, New York City, DC, it has the best service possible. It is to be expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS